Web Hosting Community Forums by ASPnix
Client Login Area
LiveZilla Live Chat Software

Thread: Email features removed without notifying customers

Default Email features removed without notifying customers

ASPNIX used to support catch-all email accounts. If you are like me, then you made use of this feature. Unfortunately Chris York on ASPNIX has informed me that this feature is been removed and disabled. It has been removed and disabled without any sort of notifications to us. As a result, the email that you had been receiving in the catch-all accounts are now being returned with error 550, which means "no such user". When many companies see an error like that, they will automatically drop you from their email lists. This can be an unwanted event for you and me.

I've been using catch-all to register with various businesses/websites that I don't really want them having my personal email address, but I would still like to receive invoices/sales/communications with them. When I find a company that shares/sells my email address, I can backtrack it to who it was that I originally gave it to, and then I then have the personal choice of doing business with them again, or taking my business elsewhere.

But with the removal of the catch-all email accounts, I cannot do that, and now all the various websites/businesses that I've registered unique email addresses with over the past couple of years, will be sending emails/invoices/bills/etc and getting undeliverable email errors back. Not good at all.

This is not the first time that ASPNIX has removed or disabled features without telling us. The last time I had to come to the forums was to point out that they stopped supporting ports 2525 on the outgoing SMTP server, when their website clearly stated that it, and a couple other ports were supported to get around some ISPís blocking the default port 25.

ASPNIX as of 2/12/2011 at 15:33 PST still lists catch-all as a feature in their hosting plans, but that feature does not exist. Future customers -- be aware!!!
    Hosting Plans Features

mga,

thank you for your feedback regarding mail server.

I believe there was a mistake and with our new anti-spam system the catch-all feature should be handled well.
    I will make sure this feature is enabled and accessible for you and other clients.

thanks.
    Roma
    Friendly ASPnix Administrator

http://aspnix.com
    roma@aspnix.com
    1-877-427-7649

ASPnix on Facebook

Any update on this Roma?
    Living to Kill, Killing to Live

Come learn more about Project NLIXD!

Quote Originally Posted by crzyone9584 View Post
    Any update on this Roma?
    Thought you used Google Apps? As for the client above, yes, catch-all was enabled and issue fixed.
    Roma

roma@aspnix.com
    1-877-427-7649

ASPnix on Facebook

Gotta keep you on your toes. For the billing and more "professional stuff" i use my .com domain and google apps. for forums i use my regualr gmail account. Plus for future people to read this thread it would be good to know that it works again.

Gotta thing ahead.
    Living to Kill, Killing to Live

Come learn more about Project NLIXD!

Thanks for this!
    Roma

roma@aspnix.com
    1-877-427-7649

ASPnix on Facebook