Client Login Area
LiveZilla Live Chat Software
Main Menu

Thread: Getting the directory name

Verified Community Member

Default Getting the directory name

Code:
    public void LoadUsers()
            {            string root = @"C:\theworld\deploy\TheWorld.Server\Data\Users\";            // create string array to store the list of folders inside the root folder            string[] userFolders;            // verify root directory exists            if (Directory.Exists(root))            {                Log.Info("User Directoy Found!");                            // get all directories inside the root directory                userFolders = Directory.GetDirectories(root);                if (userFolders.Length == 0)                {                    Log.Info("No Folders found inside the users directory");                }                else                {                    foreach (string folder in userFolders)                    {                        string folderName;                        // extract the folder name from the full path - folder name is username                        folderName = new FileInfo(folder).Directory.Name; // this returns users which is the defualt root path. I need it to return testt which is the folder inside users                        Log.Debug("Adding user to the user list");                        Log.Debug(folder + "   " + folderName);                        //Deserialize<Users>(Lists.user, folder + folderName + ".xml");                    }                }            }         }
    foldername gives user when actually i need it to give me testt which is the directory its in. Any help?
    Living to Kill, Killing to Live

Come learn more about Project NLIXD!

What directory name are you trying to get?
    Christopher York
    ASPnix Administration Team
    www.aspnix.com

Verified Community Member

There are folders in side users that some of the code grabs and puts it into a string array. I want to get those names of those folders for there is an xml file inside the file named after that users folder.

/users
    -crzy
    - chris
    - roma

I want to get a list of all folders such as crzy, chris, roma.
    Living to Kill, Killing to Live

Come learn more about Project NLIXD!