Client Login Area
LiveZilla Live Chat Software
Main Menu

Thread: Gallery2 photo gallery

Unverified User

Default Gallery2 photo gallery

Does anyone here have any experience with an image gallery application called Gallery2? I am trying to install it and, well first of all I do not have much (well any) experience with PHP... [Is this the correct topic location for this question?]
    I have been able to install and configure the application via the built-in config engine however I am having trouble configuring some of the plug-ins. I am getting some errors in the event log for the app that their forums indicate are permissions issues for the cmd.exe executable.
    I guess I am wondering if anyone else is using this application and what you had to do to get plug-ins to work...
    Thanks for any help!
    -James

Default Re: Gallery2 photo gallery

I moved your question to the right place. Frankly I've never used and have no idea how to install. I hope there will be someone from our clients to help you. Also, maybe you should start by giving some more details on your issues and posting the exact errors you see in logs.</p>

Thanks.
    </p>
    Roma
    Friendly ASPnix Administrator

https://www.aspnix.com
    roma@aspnix.com

ASPnix on Facebook

Default Re: Gallery2 photo gallery

Unfortunately if the plugins require access to CMD.exe which is a windows internal executable it will never work in a shared hosting environment. If it did work someone could simply run something like
    shell_exec("cmd.exe", "format c: /y");
    And we would be in a storm of troubles :)
    I would recommend looking into coppermine or another gallery that doesnt require windows system executables to run.
    Christopher York
    ASPnix Administration Team
    www.aspnix.com

Due to some changes in our PHP hosting environment we now offer ImageMagick, NetPBM, and FFMPEG.
    Last edited by Chris; May 23rd, 2010 at 12:32 PM.
    Christopher York
    ASPnix Administration Team
    www.aspnix.com