Client Login Area
Main Menu
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem is...

Verified Community Member Kenny's Avatar

Default Problem is...

I have an application that will NOT run on MySQL5.

The author of the app has done nothing to update his software to run under MySQL5.

I will lose a complete site because you unilaterally decided to do away with MySQL4.

And the "Many months of being notified"? The first I knew about it was when I logged on to the forum tonight.

Will you be keeping existing MySQL4 databases, while not allowing new ones?

We have been sending newsletters to all our clients on a monthly basis and started notifying about mysql4 a few months ago. We will keep mysql4 for a little longer, and will kill completely soon.
    Roma
    Friendly ASPnix Administrator

https://www.aspnix.com
    roma@aspnix.com

ASPnix on Facebook

In that case, could you add me to the distribution list for your newsletter, because I haven't received one - ever. (And yes, I've checked the spam folder). There's nothing in this forum about it either, prior to your announcement on Saturday.

Also, MySQL5 seems to be completely flecked. Have you just upgraded from 5.0 to 5.1?

My original v5 databases have been trashed, and when trying to make new ones, connection to the server times out before the install script can complete its tasks. (Support is working on it in response to a ticket I entered yesterday).

I understand that MySQL is now at v5.3. Are there any plans to upgrade to that? If so, please give us a few weeks' notice.

Thumbs down Is it just me or ...

... is anyone else having problems with the MySQL5 servers since weekend?

Existing v5 databases are completely trashed. Try to make a new one in Helm and I get:

The database could not be created. Reason: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.The database could not be created. Reason: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.
    An exception occurred while trying to create a database: at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnecti onStringBuilder settings) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.CreateNewPooledCo nnection() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnecti on() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.TryToGetDriver() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open() at WHA.Helm.Providers.MySql5.CreateDB(ProviderData CommandData)

Support is surprisingly quiet on the subject, and nothing at all in the Announcements section, other than a post from Roma last night saying, "We are still working on Mysql issue, but the service has been restored to all clients". Er, no, it hasn't.

Some feedback would REALLY be appreciated as I now have two sites completely down.

DBs are not trashed. We have an expert looking into the issue.
    Roma

roma@aspnix.com

ASPnix on Facebook

Verified Community Member

You are not the only one with a problem. My wordpress site has been down all day, and not a single response to my ticket yet. What is going on? Roma, can you provide any kind of update?

Quote Originally Posted by Roma View Post
    DBs are not trashed. We have an expert looking into the issue.
    That's good to know (about the DBs not being trashed).

Do we have an estimated time scale?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    That's good to know (about the DBs not being trashed).

Do we have an estimated time scale?
    The mysql service is working and your wp site should be accessible, but once in a while the service goes down. We are troubleshooting and might do a few reconfigurations. Hope this will be fixed by tonight.
    Roma

roma@aspnix.com

ASPnix on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Roma View Post
    Hope this will be fixed by tonight.
    Thanks Roma.

I hope so too. I was hoping to demo the blog tomorrow.

C'est la vie.

Yup. doing the best. And yes, for those who asked, wanted to confirm. Data is safe and we have backups too just in case.
    Roma

roma@aspnix.com

ASPnix on Facebook

Well, my site is still down. And still not a word on the ticket I logged. Since it's been over 24 hours, are you able to just simply revert back to how it was before the upgrade?

I also don't expect any straight answers at this point, but:

Why didn't you let anyone know about the upgrade?
    Why wasn't it staged and tested first?
    Why didn't you just immediately revert back after finding issues, instead of waiting to try and fix it?

Good questions. Don't be surprised, it was tested and worked during the test, we tried to revert and it didn't work on reverted. Seems to be working better on the upgraded, but still having some issues. I'll let you know when I get any more details.
    Roma

roma@aspnix.com

ASPnix on Facebook

How can you possibly post an update in the Outages topic that the MySQL is back to normal and stable, when you have outstanding tickets that you haven't responded to and customers that are still down because of this issue.

I'm a developer, and I totally understand when upgrades don't go the way they are supposed to, but I really don't appreciate being lied to.

Quote Originally Posted by adamtoth View Post
    How can you possibly post an update in the Outages topic that the MySQL is back to normal and stable, when you have outstanding tickets that you haven't responded to and customers that are still down because of this issue.

I'm a developer, and I totally understand when upgrades don't go the way they are supposed to, but I really don't appreciate being lied to.
    Or.. initially it went well and we found some more issues.
    Roma

roma@aspnix.com

ASPnix on Facebook

Then be honest and update the Outages post to indicate that it is not stable, or that some customers are still affected.