Client Login Area
LiveZilla Live Chat Software
Main Menu

Thread: Some Questions?

Verified Community Member

Question Some Questions?

Hopefully your nice programming staff that helped me earlier in a different thread can help me know.

I was wondering if it is possible to have vb.net generate a random number that would correspond with a number that is inside a sql lite table or even a xml document. If so where would I go to read up on such information.

This is to help my brother in law build a game that he has been planning. He wants it on the iPad but I know vb.net no objective c. Maybe when i have more free time I'll sit down and read up objective c. but for now I'm going to stick with vb.net eventually go to c# with the game to use xna with it.

Another one is where is a good tutorial for having pixel movement, game piece, in vb.net? I've searched Google and xna pixel movement comes up. To my knowledge XNA is only for C#.
    Living to Kill, Killing to Live

Come learn more about Project NLIXD!

Asif

"I was wondering if it is possible to have vb.net generate a random number that would correspond with a number that is inside a sql lite table or even a xml document."
    In which thing you are interested, a Random Numer Generator, Corresponding with another value, or even code to read from SQL or XML. That is because Finding help on Random Numbers in VB.NET is a click away on google. You can easily find it.

About the other thing read here
    http://www.alanphipps.com/VisualBasicdotNET-XNA.html
    http://ilovevb.net/Web/files/

Thanks

Verified Community Member

The random number generator I'm able to do. Its relating the random number to an entry in a sql table or xml document I'm not sure on how to do.

EDIT: Never knew there was XNA port for VB.NET - Although it hasnt been updated since '07
    Last edited by crzyone9584; April 14th, 2010 at 11:44 PM.
    Living to Kill, Killing to Live

Come learn more about Project NLIXD!