Client Login Area
LiveZilla Live Chat Software
Main Menu

Thread: Problem connecting to SQL 2008 server

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Unverified User

Default Problem connecting to SQL 2008 server

I cannot connect to a database hosted on the European server mssql01-de.anaxanet.com from a specific computer. When I try from my own PC using Sql Server Management Studio 2008, it works without any issues. But when I try to connect from a PC where I have an application that needs to connect with the db, using Sql Server Management Studio i get the following Error:

A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.)
    EncryptConnection is set to False btw

What is client operating system of your PC with application hosted? You need to make sure you installed latest version of MDAC and client tools on your machine with application.

Unverified User

Thanks for the reply Atiq,

The PC has Windows Server 2003 R2 and the latest version of MDAC is installed as well as the client tools.

Our database server is running perfect, I don't face any issue connecting from Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7. I am setting up environment to reproduce this issue at my end to confirm this issue and to fix soon. I suggest you to open support ticket from client area. We will look into this issue thoroughly and update you.

Unverified User

Thank you for your prompt reply,

I already opened a support ticket this morning, and I don't think the environment that you are setting up will bring light to the issue because i just received word that this issue is happening on other computers (outside our office) that are on other operating systems (XP, Vista ...). I tried connecting from those PCs on other SQL servers (not hosted by you guys) and i didn't have any issues.