Client Login Area
LiveZilla Live Chat Software
Main Menu

Thread: SQL Server 2017!!!

Verified Community Member

Default SQL Server 2017!!!

I know... I know... I know... You guys just did the SQL 2016 upgrade, but I am curious to see what the road map looks like for SQL Server 2017?

Default Re: SQL Server 2017!!!

I understand :). There were a lot of issues with the previous SQL installation that prohibited us to do an easy 2016 upgrade, so this is what kept us from doing the previous release. SQL was moved to a new server with bigger and better drives during the maintenance window (which is what caused the delay in getting it completed), the new server was also based on Windows Server 2016.

SQL Server 2017 just went RC1 on July 17th, so the final should be around the corner within the next few months. Once it goes RTM, we can update to it without worry about any errors happening during the upgrade. So expect an maintenance announcement for 2017 in the coming months.
    Christopher York
    ASPnix Administration Team
    www.aspnix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lostinsmtp View Post
    I know... I know... I know... You guys just did the SQL 2016 upgrade, but I am curious to see what the road map looks like for SQL Server 2017?
    hey, I've seen some hosting companies do beta versions of Windows, SQL and other apps on dedicated/separate machines for customers to test on. Is this something, you think, you would be interested in?
    Roma
    Friendly ASPnix Administrator

https://www.aspnix.com
    roma@aspnix.com

ASPnix on Facebook

Verified Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roma View Post
    hey, I've seen some hosting companies do beta versions of Windows, SQL and other apps on dedicated/separate machines for customers to test on. Is this something, you think, you would be interested in?
    Oh no, I would never request that we run a pre-release for something as important as SQL Server. No, let's stick with the stable 2016 until 2017 has gone gold :).

I was one of the annoying ones asking for SmarterMail 16, I see that has been a nightmare of bugs and updates every week just about. So I wont be bugging for SQL 2017 the moment it comes out :)