Client Login Area
Main Menu

Thread: Wordpress problem

Verified Community Member

Default Wordpress problem

The wordpress autoinstaller (and all other php pages, for that matter) only displays a blank page. I tried resetting the script option under domain > Script Settings > PHP Scripting Support. It didn't change anything at all.

anniekimimages.com
    Last edited by ivysbuddy; March 9th, 2011 at 05:28 PM.

i did notice that there's no MIME type for .php, though. Should there be? I usually work with .NET...this is kind of a new paradigm for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ivysbuddy View Post
    The wordpress autoinstaller (and all other php pages, for that matter) only displays a blank page. I tried resetting the script option under domain > Script Settings > PHP Scripting Support. It didn't change anything at all.

anniekimimages.com
    PHP is working perfect for your website as I'm able to load PHP info page: phpinfo()
    You need to get latest release of wordpress from their website, upload under your web hosting space and retry, it should work.
    Our new control panel is much much better than helm control panel, it's performance optimized, supporting latest technologies, hosted on IIS 7.5 and offering more control to manage your website. I suggest you to migrate your web hosting account to new control panel. You need to backup all data associated with your web hosting account that includes website files/ folders, databases, download emails through email clients and submit support ticket for web hosting account migration to new control panel through our billing portal https://billing.aspnix.com.

Done. Ticket Number 986549. Thank you for your attention.

I now have the new website control panel, but I the automated wordpress installation through the Microsoft Web App Gallery seems to have issues. When i try to create a new database (named wp_anniekim, which matches the required regex), I get the error:

The application could not be installed:
    - Error while install application pack
    - Error while installing application package: The database 'wp_anniekim' could not be created.

When I manually create the database (named anniekim_wordpress) and use the option to install to an existing database, it doesn't match the regex requirement for the database.

The application could not be installed:
    - Error while install application pack
    - Error while installing application package: You cannot use the specified value for parameter 'Database Name'. The value must match the regular expression '^\w{1,16}$'.

Lightbulb

Dear ivysbuddy,

• To address your issues and for quick response it's good to submit support ticket through billing portal.
    • Logon to control panel create new mySQL database and database user and retry to install through MS web application gallery.
    • Again I suggest you to get latest wordpress release from their website, upload under your web hosting space and setup manually following their documentation, it should work.

Will do. And i'll submit a ticket about the auto-installer...my coworker is having the same problem on her site. Thanks.

Thank you