Client Login Area
Main Menu

Thread: couple pre sales questions

Verified Community Member

Default couple pre sales questions

first, I just wanted to say that i'm a little worried about being a customer here since I've been trying to 2 day's to get a sales person on the phone and I can't and i've left a message to have a call returned and that's not happened.

pre-sales questions...

I'll be coming from a host that runs smartermail 5.5 enterprise, can that be imported into ASPNIX so we don't lose our mail? i'll provide the backup

on my current host I can manage email accounts from the smartermail web interface since they made my email address have admin rights, can that be done here? i'd rather manage accounts that way instead of through a control panel.

how is your pre-configured spam settings? how much to you allow customers to custom set? can we add RBL's?

what if I need more then 100 email accounts per domain?

what version of dotnetnuke are you on?

does it run in "Full trust mode"?

do you have dedicated application pool for DotNetNuke process for each instance?

I want to manage my DNS elsewhere, will that cause any issues?

In the event of a major problem, how hard is it to get someone on the phone?

thank you for answering my questions in detail, your company came highly recommended and i look forward to doing business with you!

Hello,

I will be happy to answer your questions!

1. You will need to utilize the SmarterMail migration system to move your email over. We do not accept direct backups of SmarterMail directories as this requires some work in as well as restarting the server, updating your files with our settings etc. The migration wizard within SmarterMail will assist you.

2. Your accounts are managed through our control panel, this way we can monitor limits etc.

3. You cannot add RBLs as you do not have system administrator level access to our system. However you can manage custom filters etc.

4. We offer unlimited email accounts for our shared hosting services. However we do have sending restrictions. 100 / hour / user max. Or 300 / hour / domain max.

5. Not sure about your question here, DotNetNuke is something you will install, not us.

6. Full trust is enabled by default.

7. Yes Application Pool Isolation is enabled by default and cannot by disabled due to number 6.

8. You can do this yes, however you are responsible for all DNS configurations etc. with the 3rd party, we will not provide any assistance with this.

You can get a hold of our support department, however our ticket system is the best way to get support with us, or via our live-chat system. Tickets are answered 24/7, while we do offer phone operators they may not always be available. We try our best to answer all tickets within 30 minutes, and 99% are answered within an hour.

Please also let us know what package you are interested in so that we may be able to better answer your questions.

Let us know if you have any other questions!
    Christopher York
    ASPnix Administration Team
    www.aspnix.com

Note that the above is for our shared based hosting services. Cloud and Dedicated solutions are managed by you so you would control the application pools etc.

If you are inquiring about our Cloud Services, if you would more email accounts, you can either upgrade to the next package, or we allow unlimited email accounts for 5$ extra / month or $50 extra / year.

Hope this answers all your questions!
    Christopher York
    ASPnix Administration Team
    www.aspnix.com

yeah i was talking about the Windows Hosting Plan Portal. sorry about the 100 email users question, i've looked at so many hosting companies lately I got confused, your is unlimited i know.

1. I can't get to a "migration wizard within SmarterMail", but I can get you a SpaceBackup-Reseller_Plan-10032011.wspak file. will that work? if not it's a deal breaker

2. not good at all. I have at least 3 people who need to manage email users and unless your control panel sorts users by domain its faster to manage through smartermail interface

5. Other host providers that we have looked at specify a minimum DNN version that will work on their server. I understand that we install our own applications. While I do not expect Aspnix to provide a DNN build number, it would be helpful if you could at least provide the highest version that has been installed by other clients (DNN5 or DNN4?).

thanks

1. Why not? All customers have access to migration wizard that SmarterMail provides. I'm not aware of the .wspak file. If it's something that you know SM supports then you should be able to migrate. Other than that we've seen customers migrate via IMAP.

2. When you create an account in control panel you have an option to set it as admin and you're welcome to then manage accounts via Webmail.

3. We support all new DNN versions. Including the latest 5.6.1
    Roma
    Friendly ASPnix Administrator

https://www.aspnix.com
    roma@aspnix.com

ASPnix on Facebook

1. I looked everywhere and can not find a migration wizard. I chatted with the smartertools people and they said it's not in 5.5 which is what i'm currently on. the .wspak file would be a backup of my whole current reseller plan. I know it can be restored to new host. we did it when we moved from previous host to current host. it's just a matter of aspnix willing to do it

2. great news, even though it conflicts with Chris's answer?

3. cool

What control panel do you use with the two previous hosts? If it's technically possible, we'll help of course!
    Roma
    Friendly ASPnix Administrator

https://www.aspnix.com
    roma@aspnix.com

ASPnix on Facebook